*Price does not include dealer fees, tax / title / registration fees.
2008 BMW R1200RT
Stock Image: Biarritz Blue Metallic
Indian Motorcycle Des Moines
- Hazard Warning Flashers
- Single Key Locks
- Closed Loop 3 Way Catalytic Converter with Oxygen Sensor
- ABS - Partial Integral
- Side Stand with Starter Inhibition
- Adjustable Handbrake and Clutch Levers
- Adjustable Rider's Seat
- Electrically Adjustable Windshield
- Luggage Rack
- Two Integrated Cases
- Diagnostic Interface
- Electronic Immobilizer
- Info Flat Screen
- Power Socket
- Tool Kit
- Seat - Black
- Silver Engine Spoiler
- Black Engine Spoiler
- Seat - Low (30.7 inches)
- Safety Package: Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM), ASC
- Comfort Package: Heated Hand Grips, On Board Computer (incl. Oil Level Warning), White Turn Indicator
- Equipment Package: Chrome Exhaust Pipe, Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA), Heated Seat, Heated Hand Grips, Cruise Control, On Board Computer (incl. Oil Level Warning), White Turn Indicator, Accessory Socket
- Radio/CD R 1200 RT
- Anti Theft Alarm
- Radio Prep Kit
- Wheels: Elegantly designed five-spoke aluminum alloy wheels offer incredible rigidity along with a streamlined aesthetic.
- Brakes: EVO braking system with BMW's part-integral ABS included as a standard component - meets the highest possible safety standards.
- Front Suspension: BMW Telelever, which combines the telescoping fork and swinging arm concept effectively dividing the multiple functions of a front-end suspension system and thereby allowing them to be done to optimal effect.
- Fairing: Enhanced body design offer better turbulence resistance than the R 1150 RT with mirrors integrated into the body panels for a cohesive, modern look.
- Engine: Carries BMW's latest evolution of the Boxer concept, the R 1200 RT enjoys increased torque (+15%) and output (+10%) owing to the enlarged bore of the 110bhp, 1170cc, twin-spark engine. BMW's new BMW-K engine management system monitors functions. Based on CAN bus technology the engine features automatic idle-speed control, a cold-start system and knock control for problem-free used of lower-quality fuel.
- Transmission: The gearbox is equipped with six helical-cut gears, which contribute to the R 1200 RT's smooth ride at higher speeds.
- Rear Suspension: BMW Paralever with an adjustable WAD suspension strut for variable spring pre-load and rebound damping. The Paralever system virtually eliminates the forces created by the shaft drive while offering superior handling with less reaction of load reversals and increased ground clearance.
- Seat: Redesigned two-section seat can accommodate two different rider heights simultaneously allowing for comfortable knee positioning.
- Headlights: Newly designed headlight produce optimal road illumination while contributing to the motorcycle's dynamic design and appearance.
- Flatscreen Info Panel: Newly designed large screen carries information on distance traveled, oil and fuel data, remaining range based on fuel supply, time and gear selection.
- Adjustable Winshield: Electrically adjustable windshield offers customizable wind protection.
- Type: Air cooled / oil-cooled Boxer twin-cylinder
- Displacement: 1170 cc
- Bore X Stroke: 101.0 mm x 73.0 mm
- Horsepower: 110 bhp @ 7500 rpm
- Torque: 85 lb/ft @ 6000 rpm
- Valve Gear: HC, chain-driven
- No of cylinders: 2
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Engine Management: BMW Engine Controller - BMS K
- Valves per Cylinder: Four
- Valves: 2 x 36.0 mm intake / 2 x 31.0 mm exhaust
- Fuel Tank: HDPE, internal pump and internal filter
- Alternator W: 720 Watts @ 14 Volts
- Battery V/AH: 12 Volts / 19 Amps/hour
- Engine Summary: The two cylinder flat twin Boxer engine is BMW's famous, time-tested, signature design. First designed in 1923, its two horizontally mounted cylinders are like a boxer's
- Clutch: 180 mm dry, single plate with hydraulic actuation
- Gear Box: Dog shifted 6 speed gear box
- Primary Transmission: 1:1.882
- Gear : I: 2.28:1; II: 1.58:1; III: 1.26:1; IV: 1.03:1; V: 0.90:1; VI: 0.81:1
- Final Drive System: Enclosed driveshaft with two universal joints
- Final Drive Ratio: 2.62:1
Frame & Suspension
- Frame: Three-part, engine/cast aluminum/tubular steel
- Front wheel suspension: BMW Telelever
- Rear wheel suspension: BMW Paralever
- Spring Travel front/rear: 4.7 inches / 5.3 inches
- Ground Clearance: 6.1 inches
- Handlebar center point angle: 63.4 degrees
- Brake System: BMW EVO with partial integral ABS
- Front Brakes: Two, four-piston fixed calipers
- Front Rotor: 12.6 inch dual floating rotors
- Rear Brakes: Single, two-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Rotor: 10.4 inch single, fixed rotor
- Actuation: Hydraulic, DOT 4 fluid type
Wheels & Tires
- Front Wheel: 3.50 x 17 cast alloy, five double-spoke
- Rear Wheel: 5.00 x 17 cast alloy, five double-spoke
- Front Tire: 120/70 x 17 tubeless
- Rear Tire: 180/55 x 17 tubeless
- Overall Length: 87.8 inches
- Overall Width: 35.6 inches
- Wheelbase: 58.4 inches
- Seat height: 32.2 inches
- Weight - Dry: 505 lbs.
- Max permissible weight: 1091 lbs.
- Fuel Capacity: 7.1 U.S. gallons ; including 1 gallon reserve
- Titan Silver Metallic
- Biarritz Blue Metallic
- Sand Beige Metallic
- Engine Type
- Boxer twin-cylinder
- 1170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101.0 mm x 73.0 mm
- Air cooled / oil-cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- BMW Engine Controller - BMS K
- Front Suspension
- BMW Telelever; Spring Travel: 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Paralever; Spring Travel: 5.3 in.
- Front Brakes
- Two, four-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single, two-piston fixed calipers
- Front Tire
- 120/70 x 17 tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 x 17 tubeless
- 58.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.2 in.
- 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.1 gal; including 1 gal reserve
- Dry Weight
- 505 lbs
- Dog shifted 6 speed gear box
- Final Drive
- Enclosed driveshaft with two universal joints
- Titan Silver Metallic, Biarritz Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Metallic